St. Mark's Lutheran Church Youth and Family Ministry
Welcome to a new year!
Attention St. Mark's HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS!!!
If you are a graduating High School Senior, please contact Mary Anderson right away! Quilts & More would like to give you a quilt in recognition of your accomplishment, and we don't want to miss anybody.
See photos of our 2018-2019 gatherings below:
Youth Sunday, June 2, 2019
Youth Group, April 28, 2019
Shekinah DC ELCA Synod Junior High Youth Retreat, March 15-17, 2019
Youth Group Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper Fundraiser, March 3, 2019
Youth Group and Family Skating, February 23, 2019
Youth Room Cleanup, February 17, 2019
Youth Group Christmas Party 2018
Chrysalis 2018, November 30-December 2, 2018
Fall Youth Lock-in and Youth Group
Columbus Day Weekend, October 7, 2018
DC United Game, October 13, 2018
* * IMPORTANT UPDATES TO THE YOUTH CALENDAR!!! * *
Download a copy of Stephanie’s latest Feb-Mar 2019 informational letter HERE …
Note from Stephanie re Mar-Lu-Ridge: Happy New Year! To start the year of 2019 off in the right direction, to the left is the Mar-Lu-Ridge Camp link for Camp Registration this summer and the link to sign-up for a variety of amazing week long experiences at camp! Note that Confirmation Camp for those going into 7th, 8th, or 9th grade is Sunday July 21st - Friday July 26th. Please contact me if you have any question or concerns. :-)
- Sundays, Youth Group (9th-12th Grades): Youth Room, 11:05 AM-12:00 PM, Bible Project: New Testament
- Sundays, Confirmation (7th-8th Grades): Room across the Hall from Youth Room, 11:05 AM-12:00 PM, Theme: Bible Year
- Sundays, Confirmation for 9th Graders: in order to be confirmed youth must complete two full years of Confirmation class (traditionally 7th & 8th grade, but high-school students are also welcome), including a Bible year and a Catechism year; then their 3rd year (traditionally 9th), the students will begin the year in youth group on Sunday mornings and will schedule a time to meet with the Youth Director and Pastor to work on their Faith Statement to be completed before Reformation and Confirmation. This year Confirmation is Sunday October 28th, 2018.
- Sundays, Youth Bells resumes September 9: The group is open to grades 4 and up and rehearses on Sundays from 12:00 PM-1:00 PM, following Sunday School and a light snack. Musicians learn ringing technique and develop music literacy skills as they prepare to participate in worship several times a year. From time to time, older youth may be recruited to form small ensembles, rehearsing as needed to play for worship or special events. Our first rehearsal is open to all who would like to try ringing—come join us! Contact handbell director, Alice Real, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-784-8192 to sign up or for more information.
* * * * * * * *
To be added to the youth mailing list please fill out the form below: