Dear St. Mark's Member:
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) technology supports a renewed program called “e-Giving.” It’s a good and easy way for you to make your regular financial contribution to the ministries of St. Mark's. On top of that, it’s a safe and reliable way to transfer funds. Best of all, there is no cost to you.
The “e-Giving” program offers many advantages to St. Mark's, chiefly:
- Cash flow is more stable and predictable.
- Your offering reaches St. Marks even when you have to be away.
- It’s GREEN—Electronic bills, statements, and payments save the average household 171 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions annually. That translates to planting 2 trees and letting them grow for 10 years or not driving 169 miles.
- Recordkeeping is more fast, accurate, and simple.
- It’s automatic—payments continue uninterrupted despite the weather and without the hassle of check writing or keeping up with envelopes.
The Thrivent for Lutherans endorsement of this program is called “Simply Giving” and uses VANCO Services to perform the financial transfer processing. You can download, print, and complete the enrollment form here in a few minutes and be enrolled in our “e-Giving” program within 24-48 hours after I receive your request. Funds may be electronically transferred from your checking or savings account. It can also be arranged through any of the more readily available credit cards.
You’ll receive a new St. Mark's “e-Giving” member number and discontinue use of the pre-numbered offering envelopes. You can always use the envelopes in the pew to make one-time contributions to the ministries of St. Mark's. Your contributions will be recorded as long as you put your “e-Giving” number on the envelope.
Your private data will always be protected so I urge you to take advantage of this “e-Giving” program. Send the form by mail to St. Mark's or leave it in the box of Myrna Smith, our Business Manager, at the church office. Be sure to attach a voided check for bank transfers. You may also email it if you can scan the form and voided check. Call Myrna at 703-451-4331 or email Myrna and she’ll be happy to give you more information.
Hugh Linnemann, Financial Secretary