St. Mark's Lutheran Church Youth and Family Ministry
Welcome to a new year!
* * IMPORTANT UPDATES TO THE YOUTH CALENDAR!!! * *
- Saturday, December 8: Youth and Family Advent Service Project. 10:00 AM-12:00 NOON, Making Meals
- Sunday, December 9: Youth and Family Advent Service Project. 12:00 NOON-3:00 PM, Delivering Meals
- Sunday, December 16: Children and Youth Christmas Program. 11:00 AM-12:00 NOON.
- Sundays, Youth Group (9th-12th Grades): Youth Room, 11:05 AM-12:00 PM, Bible Project: New Testament
- Sundays, Confirmation (7th-8th Grades): Room across the Hall from Youth Room, Theme: Bible Year
- Sundays, Confirmation for 9th Graders: in order to be confirmed youth must complete two full years of Confirmation class (traditionally 7th & 8th grade, but high-school students are also welcome), including a Bible year and a Catechism year; then their 3rd year (traditionally 9th), the students will begin the year in youth group on Sunday mornings and will schedule a time to meet with the Youth Director and Pastor to work on their Faith Statement to be completed before Reformation and Confirmation. This year Confirmation is Sunday October 28th, 2018.
- Sundays, Youth Bells resumes September 9: The group is open to grades 4 and up and rehearses on Sundays from 12:00 PM-1:00 PM, following Sunday School and a light snack. Musicians learn ringing technique and develop music literacy skills as they prepare to participate in worship several times a year. From time to time, older youth may be recruited to form small ensembles, rehearsing as needed to play for worship or special events. Our first rehearsal is open to all who would like to try ringing—come join us! Contact handbell director, Alice Real, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-784-8192 to sign up or for more information.
* * * * * * * *
To be added to the youth mailing list please fill out the form below: