Stewardship and Finance Update: If you haven’t yet returned your Estimate of Giving for 2016 form, please do so as soon as possible, even if you intend to maintain the same giving level. Learn more about the 2015 finances here>
A Request from ECHO: The Letter Carriers’ annual "Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive" will be held Saturday, May 14. If your letter carrier leaves a bag in your mail box, please consider filling it with non-perishable, non-breakable food and personal care items such as deodorant, shampoo, detergent, powdered milk, macaroni and cheese, dry beans, or rice. Our website, www.echo-inc.org, has a more complete list of our most needed items. All donations collected from the Springfield, West Springfield, or Burke post offices will be delivered to ECHO.
Please also note that ECHO's Spring Yard Sale is Saturday, April 12, from 8 AM to NOON. Learn more>
Offering envelopes for 2016 are now available! Please pick up your booklet of envelopes from the table outside of the church office.
Flower arrangement dedication books for 2016 are available in the church office for signing up...
Military Packages Collection Names needed! We could use some more names for our end-of-each-month project of sending packages to our deployed troops... repeat names are fine! If you are able, please get the name, address, and email address if possible--if we have the email address, we can ask them if they want or need specific things. If you can’t get an email address, perhaps you could get information on what they’d like to receive, if your contact person knows. Your wonderful items are always things they love to get, whether or not we have specific requests. Please contact Mary or Gerald Eskelund, Bev Clemsen, or Gayle Parsons with the name and any other contact information--thanks! See notes of "Thanks">
Community Needs from ECHO: tutors and mentors at Irving Middle School and pantry items/other community needs ... Learn more>ST. MARK'S VBS 2016--July 31-August 5... save the dates! “The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything: A Veggie Tales VBS” Learn more>New "Building Use Policy"... See it here! (or find it on the FORMS page)Share warm clothes with "Margret's Kids"... Learn more>Prayer Shawl Ministry: a reminder that prayer shawls are available—knitted and crocheted—to be given as a comfort to anyone in need of such ministry... Learn more>
Distribution of communion to those who are ill and homebound; call the church office if you are in need of this service... Learn more>Flower Ministry: Backup person needed for distribution of flowers to ill or homebound... Learn more>
Request for interpreters at Arlington Free Clinic... Learn more>
2nd Quarter Benevolence: Lutheran Campus Ministry at University of Maryland, College Park holds casual and contemporary worship services regularly every Sunday from 5-7 p.m. at Hope Lutheran Church in College Park. Before the service, worshipers sit down together for dinner, which is always free and always filling. In a typical service, worshipers sing, read Scripture, hear a reflection on the Scripture passage, pray, and partake in Holy Communion. All are welcome for just dinner or just the service, from those who grew up in the church, to those who have never been inside a church, to those who aren't so sure about God anymore. Our gifts this quarter will strengthen this vital ministry. Please use the supplementary offering envelopes in the pew racks and give generously!
ESL: God's Work, Our Hands! Call Joan Smith if you can help! Learn more here> and here>
Have news to share with the congregation? Send it via email to email@example.com to be published in the appropriate publication—E-Messenger, This Week, our website, and our Facebook page. Deadline is Tuesday at 3:30 PM, for same-week publishing.
Click HERE, print and fill out the GIFTS FOR MINISTRY form, then bring it to the office the next time you are at church.
* * * * * * *
MONDAY THRU FRIDAY, EVERY WEEKChurch Office hours 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM Gathering for Prayer, Singing, and Devotions--every day at 12:00 noon--please join the staff in the lounge.TUESDAY, MAY 39:30 AM to 2:00 PM in the Friendship House
- Quilts and More (every Tuesday)6:00 PM to 6:30 PM in the Fellowship Hall
- Food for Others (every Tuesday)6:30 PM to 7:00 PM [Registration $5, Books $15-20]
7:00 PM to 8:30 PM in Rooms 214, 216, 217, 218
- ESL (every Tuesday)7:00 PM to 8:30 PM in the church Lounge
- Listening for God: Reading Together the Gospel According to Luke (every Tuesday evening)... Learn more here>WEDNESDAY, MAY 47:00 AM in Room 214 of the Education Building
- Men's Wednesday Morning Breakfast Group (every Wednesday)6:30 PM to 7:00 PM [Registration $5, Books $15-20]
7:00 PM to 8:30 PM in Rooms 214, 216, 217, 218
- ESL (every Wednesday)7:00 PM in the Fellowship Hall
- St. Mark's Women of the ELCA Combined Meeting! Spring flowers, Spring music... All women of St. Mark's are invited--come and bring a friend! Learn about the 'Safe Haven' Campaign to eradicate human trafficking by creating awareness in our communities. Guest speakers: Gail Hambleton and Wilma Dublin... Learn more here>THURSDAY, MAY 59:00 AM - 10:00 AM in Narthex
- Chair Yoga (every Thursday)10:30 AM - 11:30 AM in Narthex
- Together Listening to God through Luke (every Thursday morning)SATURDAY, MAY 75:00 PM to 7:00 PM in Room 216
- ESL Citizenship Class (every Saturday)SUNDAY, MAY 8--HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!8:30 AM – English Worship Service (Communion)
9:40 AM – English Sunday School
9:46 AM – English Adult Sunday School (Room 217)
11:00 AM – English Worship Service (Communion)
11:00 AM – Youth Hand Bell Choir (Room 217)
11:00 AM – Spanish First Communion Class (Room 214 & 216)
11:30 AM – Spanish Bible Study (Blue Room)
1:00 PM – Spanish Worship Service and Sunday School* * * SAVE THE DATE * * *WEDNESDAY, MAY 11, 8:00 AM-9:00AM in Founders Hall, George Mason University
- LSS/NCA "Expressions of Abundance Annual Benefit Breakfast. All are invited--bring a friend! Learn more here> and make a reservation HERE or contact Autumn at firstname.lastname@example.org.SUNDAY, MAY 22, 12:00 NOON outside- Rain or shine! Church Family Picnic following our single 11:00 AM Bilingual Worhip Service. Learn more here>