"For everything, there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1
What time is it in your life? Is it time to be planted, time to root, time to grow? If so, St. Mark's may very well be the place for you. We are a congregation planted in the Springfield community, rooted in the word of God, and growing in love for God and neighbor.
We are, as our motto says, "Founded in faith. Growing in grace."
For 60 years, St. Mark's has served God in, with, and through our Springfield community. Today, with our combination of experienced, young, and vibrant leadership, we remember the past and dream of a future where faith and grace are known and experienced by all. We are humbled by the opportunity to be a part of God's mission here.
Is the spirit stirring within you today to come and check out St. Mark's? If so, I certainly look forward to meeting you in person. Feel free to join us for any of our worship or ministry opportunities or call or email me at the church. May God be with you.
Rev. Albert W Triolo, Senior Pastor
Share warm clothes with "Margret's Kids"... Learn more>
Distribution of communion to those who are ill and homebound; call the church office if you are in need of this service... Learn more>
White House Ornament Sale to benefit Youth Group, October 18th through December 20th... Learn more>
Handbell choirs forming--adults and youth... Learn more>
Request for interpreters at Arlington Free Clinic... Learn more>
Help ECHO in the following ways:
- become a volunteer tutor and/or mentor... e-mail email@example.com and request more information to join our tutoring and mentoring program... (see link below)
- donate items: household items, non-perishable foods, sundries... (see link below)
- join the 2015 CROP Walk... to be held on November 22, 2015; last year we received a check for more than $8700 as a result of the 2014 Burke CROP Hunger Walk...
4th Quarter Benevolence: World Hunger
Food for Others: As of October 1, 2015, Team 1 needs a driver... Learn more>
Gifts of Hope: GOH Third Annual Benefit Concert on October 18, 2015... Learn more> ... and View Poster>
Military Packages Collection: We need names! Please see Mary or Gerry
Eskelund, Bev Clemsen, or Gayle Parsons.
ESL in the Fall: God's Work, Our Hands! begins September 8th... Call Joan Smith if you can help! Learn more here> and here>
Chalet High Family Ski Week sale... Learn more>
A brief wrap-up video by Bishop Graham is available to summarize and give a very brief glimpse into how the attendees spent their time together at the recently concluded 2015 Metro D.C. Synod Assembly. See it and additional information at http://metrodcelca.org/events/synod-assembly/.
Have news to share with the congregation? Send it via email to Communications@StMarks-ELCA.org to be published in the appropriate publication—E-Messenger, This Week, our website, and our Facebook page. Deadline is Tuesday at 3:30 PM, for same-week publishing.
Click HERE, print and fill out the
GIFTS FOR MINISTRY form, then bring it to
the office the next time you are at church.
* * * * * * *
MONDAY THRU FRIDAY, EVERY WEEK
Church Office hours 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM Gathering for Prayer, Singing, and Devotions--every day at 12:00 noon--please join the staff in the lounge!
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 69:30 AM to 2:00 PM in Friendship House
- Quilts and More (every Tuesday)7:00 PM to 8:30 PM in Computer Lab
- Computer Class on Surfing the Internet... Contact Trudy Stellar if you are interested... Learn more>7:00 PM to 8:30 PM in the Lounge
- Listening for God: Reading Together the Gospel According to Luke (every Tuesday evening)... Learn more here> and here>7:00 PM to 8:30 PM in Rooms 214, 216, 217
- ESL (every Tuesday)7:00 PM at Mary Lou Carrol'ls
- Ruth Circle (first Tuesday)WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 77:00 AM in Room 214 of the Education Building
- Men's Wednesday Morning Breakfast Group (every Wednesday)9:30 AM in Friendship House (Ruth Nailor, hostess)
- Esther Circle (first Wednesday)12:00 NOON at Martha Cockfield's
- Lydia Circle (first Wednesday)7:00 PM to 8:30 PM in Rooms 214, 216, 217- ESL (every Wednesday)--Bring a sack lunch if you would like to do so.7:30 PM at Leanna Wilson's
- Deborah Circle (first Wednesday)THURSDAY, OCTOBER 810:30 AM to 11:35 AM in Church Lounge
- Listening for God: Reading Together the Gospel According to Luke (every Thursday)FRIDAY, OCTOBER 95:00 PM to 6:00 PM in the Fellowship Hall
- ESL Reading (every Friday)SATURDAY, OCTOBER 105:30 PM in the Fellowship Hall
Zumba for all ages... Learn more>5:00 PM to 9:00 PM in Room 214
ESL Citizenship Class (every Saturday)SUNDAY, OCTOBER 118:30 AM English Worship service
9:40 AM – 10:45 AM English Sunday School
9:40 AM - 11:00 AM For VISITORS: "A Coffee Hour with the Pastors" in the Green Room off the Fellowship Hall... Learn more>
11:00 AM English Worship service
1:00 PM Spanish Worship service and Sunday SchoolFRIDAY, OCTOBER 16: Peace Day Celebration... St. Mark's Montessori School... Learn more>
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17: Family Game Night (Family Game Night (every third Saturday evening)... begins with a short Bible reading followed by fun and games...SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24: Golf Tournament Fundraiser for Caroline Furnace... Learn more>SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 14: Fall Festival at The Village at Rockville, 9:30AM to 2:00PM... Learn more>