Hypothermia Week at St. Mark's... February 6-13... All types of help is needed! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or fill out a volunteer card in the narthex. Learn more here...Annual Reports:
We have reached the time in the year when we will be preparing the Annual Report of 2015. Please submit your Committee, Group, or Ministry Team Annual report by February 20, 2016. Feel free to contact the church office for further questions at (703) 451-4331. Thank you!Stewardship and Finance Update: If you haven’t yet returned your Estimate of Giving for 2016 form, please do so as soon as possible, even if you intend to maintain the same giving level. If you’ve misplaced your form or didn’t receive one, please contact the church office for a replacement or pick up another form in the Narthex. Remember, we are asking for this information to bring a better degree of planning to our activities, facility projects and ministries for 2016. Your commitment is not binding should your financial situation change and, of course, the information you provide will be held in the strictest confidence. Learn more about the 2015 finances here> and January 2016 here>
Offering envelopes for 2016 are now available! Please pick up your booklet of envelopes from the table in the Narthex.
Flower arrangement dedication books for 2016 are available in the church office for signing up... Learn more>
Military Packages Collection: Names needed! January 31st packages were sent to Jason Giese, a Marine stationed in Kuwait, as suggested by the Keith Fulk family. See more info and a note of thanks here!January Community Needs from ECHO: tutors and mentors at Irving Middle School and pantry items/other community needs ... Learn more>New "Building Use Policy"... See it here! (or find it on the FORMS page)Share warm clothes with "Margret's Kids"... Learn more>Prayer Shawl Ministry: a reminder that prayer shawls are available—knitted and crocheted—to be given as a comfort to anyone in need of such ministry... Learn more>
Distribution of communion to those who are ill and homebound; call the church office if you are in need of this service... Learn more>Flower Ministry: Backup person needed for distribution of flowers to ill or homebound... Learn more>
Request for interpreters at Arlington Free Clinic... Learn more>
1st Quarter Benevolence: Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) and Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area (LSS). LIRS has welcomed more than 379,000 refugees to the United States since 1939. Lutheran churches remain vital partners in welcoming newcomers. Informed by our Lutheran faith and decades of experience with migrants and refugees, we have responded to people caught in conflict and facing persecution. At any moment, more than 15 million refugees around the world must leave their homes because of war or civil unrest. In partnership with LIRS; faith communities; foundations; local, state, and federal partners; and hosts of volunteers, LSS/NCA is proud to welcome hundreds of refugees from around the world to the United States every year. Please use the supplementary envelopes in the pew racks and give generously! More benevolence news here!
ESL: God's Work, Our Hands! Call Joan Smith if you can help! Learn more here> and here>
Chalet High Family Ski Week sale... Learn more>
A brief wrap-up video by Bishop Graham is available to summarize and give a very brief glimpse into how the attendees spent their time together at the recently concluded 2015 Metro D.C. Synod Assembly. See it and additional information at http://metrodcelca.org/events/synod-assembly/.
Have news to share with the congregation? Send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be published in the appropriate publication—E-Messenger, This Week, our website, and our Facebook page. Deadline is Tuesday at 3:30 PM, for same-week publishing.
Click HERE, print and fill out the GIFTS FOR MINISTRY form, then bring it to
the office the next time you are at church.
* * * * * * *
MONDAY THRU FRIDAY, EVERY WEEK
Church Office hours 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM Gathering for Prayer, Singing, and Devotions--every day at 12:00 noon--please join the staff in the lounge.WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10--HYPOTHERMIA WEEK
ASH WEDNESDAY7:00 AM in Room 214 of the Education Building
- Men's Wednesday Morning Breakfast Group (every Wednesday)10:30 AM in Sanctuary
- English Service, followed by a soup luncheon6:00 PM in Sanctuary
- Spanish Service6:30 PM to 7:00 PM [Registration $5, Books $15-20]
7:00 PM to 8:30 PM in Rooms 214, 216, 217, 218
- ESL (every Wednesday)7:30 PM in Sanctuary
- English Service9:00 PM - 10:00 PM in Sanctuary
- Imposition of Ashes for those unable to attend any of today's servicesTHURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11--HYPOTHERMIA WEEK9:20 AM - 10:20 AM in Narthex
- Chair Yoga (every Thursday, for four weeks)
Sponsored by St. Mark's Life Center... Cost is $7 per class or the four-class session (2/4-2/25) for $20... Learn more>10:30 AM - 11:30 AM in Narthex
- Together Listening to God through LukeFRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12--HYPOTHERMIA WEEKSATURDAY, FEBRUARY 13--HYPOTHERMIA WEEK5:00 PM to 7:00 PM in Room 216
- ESL Citizenship Class (every Saturday)SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 148:30 AM – English Worship Service
9:40 AM – English Sunday School
9:46 AM – The 9:46 Crowd (Adult Sunday School)
11:00 AM – English Worship Service
1:00 PM – Spanish Worship Service and Sunday School
Come join The 9:46 Crowd at 9:46 AM to find out how to be an evangelist! All are welcome! Contact Emily Farkas at email@example.com for more information. Learn more>TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 169:30 AM to 2:00 PM in the Friendship House
- Quilts and More (every Tuesday)6:00 PM to 6:30 PM in the Fellowship Hall
- Food for Others (every Tuesday)6:30 PM to 7:00 PM [Registration $5, Books $15-20]
7:00 PM to 8:30 PM in Rooms 214, 216, 217, 218
- ESL (every Tuesday)7:00 PM to 8:30 PM in the church Lounge
- Listening for God: Reading Together the Gospel According to Luke (every Tuesday evening)... Learn more here> and here>***** SAVE THE DATE! *****SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 21: Concordia (Moorhead, MN) College Choir Tour Concent at 4:30 PM at National Presbyterian Church, 4101 Nebraska Ave NW, Washington, DC... For tickets, call 800-838-3006 or online ConcordiaTickets.com and follow the prompts. General admission tickets $30 plus service fee.SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 28: Friends and Family Chamber Orchestra at 4:30 PM... Donations benefit the St. Mark's Hypothermia Program... All are welcome! Learn more>SATURDAY, MARCH 12: St. Mark's Montessori School will hold their annual Fun Fair from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. All are welcome. Details to follow!