St. Mark's Lutheran Church Youth and Family Ministry
Welcome to a new year!
* * IMPORTANT UPDATES TO THE YOUTH CALENDAR!!! * *
Note from Stephanie re Mar-Lu-Ridge: Happy New Year! To start the year of 2019 off in the right direction, to the left is the Mar-Lu-Ridge Camp link for Camp Registration this summer and the link to sign-up for a variety of amazing week long experiences at camp! Note that Confirmation Camp for those going into 7th, 8th, or 9th grade is Sunday July 21st - Friday July 26th. Please contact me if you have any question or concerns. :-)
- Sunday, February 23, 2019 — 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Youth and Family Roller-Skating Night Meet at and return to St. Mark's. Cost: $5, Pizza and skate rental included! RSVP required by February 21st for planning.
- Sunday, March 3, 2019 — Setup, 3:30 PM, Dinner 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM
Shrove Tuesday Dinner, Youth Fundraiser Talent Show at 6:00 PM for entertainment lead by Stephanie Stock. Event held in St. Mark's Fellowship Hall.
- Friday March 15, 2019 (4:00 PM) - Sunday March 17, 2019 (2:30 PM)
Shekinah Junior High Synod Retreat (7th and 8th Grade)
Registration and Fee DUE: February 3, 2019
At Front Royal 4H Center, we room in dorms and use the facilities for large and small groups. On the way there we eat at Chick-Fil-A and on the way home we eat at Apple House. (7th & 8th grade)
- Sundays, Youth Group (9th-12th Grades): Youth Room, 11:05 AM-12:00 PM, Bible Project: New Testament
2/3/19: Bible Project 1st Corinthians
2/10/19: Bible Project 2nd Corinthians and Group Game
2/17/19: Bible Project Galatians and Youth Room Event
2/24/19: Bible Project Ephesians and Games
- Sundays, Confirmation (7th-8th Grades): Room across the Hall from Youth Room, Theme: Bible Year
2/3/19: The Sacrament of Baptism
2/10/19: Word and Water
2/17/19: The Sacrament of Communion
2/24/19: Take and Eat
- Sundays, Confirmation for 9th Graders: in order to be confirmed youth must complete two full years of Confirmation class (traditionally 7th & 8th grade, but high-school students are also welcome), including a Bible year and a Catechism year; then their 3rd year (traditionally 9th), the students will begin the year in youth group on Sunday mornings and will schedule a time to meet with the Youth Director and Pastor to work on their Faith Statement to be completed before Reformation and Confirmation. This year Confirmation is Sunday October 28th, 2018.
- Sundays, Youth Bells resumes September 9: The group is open to grades 4 and up and rehearses on Sundays from 12:00 PM-1:00 PM, following Sunday School and a light snack. Musicians learn ringing technique and develop music literacy skills as they prepare to participate in worship several times a year. From time to time, older youth may be recruited to form small ensembles, rehearsing as needed to play for worship or special events. Our first rehearsal is open to all who would like to try ringing—come join us! Contact handbell director, Alice Real, at email@example.com or 757-784-8192 to sign up or for more information.
* * * * * * * *
To be added to the youth mailing list please fill out the form below: